SPAGHETTI IN PEANUT SAUCE
Peanuts are inexpensive and a rich source of healthy fats, proteins, vitamin E, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, etc. This recipe is a complete meal in itself and is super easy, a fast-cooking meal on a busy day. One can choose to stir in only vegetables and tofu into the peanut sauce if to avoid carbohydrates or cereals. Not suitable for people who are allergic to peanuts.
- 1 cup spaghetti, cooked
- 100 g tofu
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1 tsp organic jaggery/ brown sugar
- Salt according to taste
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ cup steamed vegetables – broccoli, baby corn, etc. as desired
- Celery leaves to garnish
1. Pan fry tofu by brushing a little oil on a pan. Cut into squares and keep aside.
2. In a mixer, crush the roasted peanuts with sugar. Add water and make a fine paste.
3. Heat a pan and pour the peanut sauce in. Add salt to taste and let it boil.
4. Add tofu pieces, steamed vegetables and cooked spaghetti into the boiling sauce and mix gently.
5. Garnish with chopped celery leaves. Serve immediately.