Advertisements tell us to buy the latest and “best”, they prod us to feel more successful, more attractive, happier and fulfilled by buying this and possessing that, conditioning our minds that our lives are not complete until we buy the products they champion.
This conditioning of the consumer has caused us to constantly compare ourselves with others, programming us to believe that we will be acknowledged and loved if we use the products they are peddling. So we buy, buy and buy without thinking about the effects of indiscriminate consumption on our environment.
When we buy to consume what we think we want instead of what we need, we are actually taking more than what we can use from Mother Earth’s precious resources. We should therefore be more discerning with our buying choices.
To know more, come this 9th June and find out how to improve your wellbeing and reconnect with the gifts of Mother Earth.
You will discover:
• What drives our consumption and desire for material possessions.
• How possessions affect our emotions, thoughts and actions.
• When possession becomes obsession.
• The courage to de-clutter your home and unwanted energies.
• How to reinvest the time and savings gained in fulfilling experiences.